Post conference workshop day
09:00-17.00 Sports Fan Engagement - using social media tools to connect fans
Australians are some of the highest consumers of social media in the world. Are you successfully using online fan engagement tools, or are you in need of some direction?
It’s not enough just to have a Facebook or Twitter account for your organisation and expect that your ticket and merchandise sales will go up. You may even be hurting your brand by not engaging properly with your online communities.
This practical and interactive workshop on fan engagement will cover useful take-aways that can be implemented both in the short- and long-term. Implemented correctly, these interactive lessons will ultimately have a positive impact on your bottom line and at the end of the workshop you’ll walk away with a plan of action for your organisation, not a one-size fits all strategy.
Benefits of attending the workshop
Transform your business communications by connecting with your consumers through an informed social media strategy – driving additional revenue streams, widening your audience, and more!
Who should attend?
Club, franchise, stadium & governing body CEOs, Digital/New Media Managers, Commercial Managers, Ticketing/Membership Managers, corporate sponsors & sponsorship agencies and anyone who is managing a product or service in the sports industry.
The workshop will cover:
• What sports social media and fan engagement is and its importance to your brand
• Understanding the expectations of fans - creating active online communities and keeping your fans engaged
• How social media and fan engagement can positively affect your P&L
• Avoiding pitfalls - social media challenges for clubs and athletes
• How to integrate social media into your existing digital, marketing, media and business plans
• Who’s doing online fan engagement well – Australian and international sport case studies for small and large organisations
• Identifying the most appropriate sports social media and fan engagement tools for your organisation
• Step by step fan engagement strategy development
About your workshop leaders:
former Manager, Digital and Social Media,
FIFA World Cup Bid, and Social Media Manager,Socceroos at FFA
In 2009, Alana launched social media channels and managed the fan engagement strategy for the Qantas Socceroos at Football Federation Australia, travelling with the team for their 2010 FIFA World Cup campaign.
As well, while FFA’s Bid may not have been successful, Alana did successfully manage the digital, community and fan engagement strategies for Australia’s 2022 FIFA World Cup Bid, with 2010 year being the first time bidding nations incorporated social media into their campaigns.
She lives on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, loves football (the round ball kind) and is online all the time! Find her @aussiegoldy and at brandnd.com.
Nick brings over 20 years of web strategy and commercial experience from both large multinational IT and web companies, including Microsoft, Fujitsu, HotHouse, and local start ups, including Peakhour, SportsPassion and most recently Sports Offers.
As Director of 3eep, Nick is actively exploring new sports related business ventures and is passionate about fostering a growing community of sports business entrepreneurs across Australia.
Nick is also a proud father of two young sports loving boys participating in a range of sports including football, tennis and swimming and tae kwon do.